Saturday, July 18, 2009

Last Day of 31

Today is my last day as a 31 year-old. In a few short hours, I will be 32. If you wanted to get technical, I guess I won't really be officially 32 until 7:17 am, but whatever.

My friend texted me to ask me what I was doing to celebrate my last day as 31. I've been sitting on my arse all day long.

No, I have been somewhat productive, though! I've hooked up with a bunch of publishers to do book reviews, and I was spending the day researching more options and reading books I have already received. The wheels are spinning for more articles, too!

When I turned 30, I started a little bit of writing, to break into the field and get my feet wet. At 31, my websites and exposure increased exponentially, and I started dabbling in book reviews. 32 is going to be all about those book reviews! I mean, what could be better for the perpetual nerd who has been reading for 30 years? And getting paid to do it? The advantage of all the sites that I have is I can reuse the same book time and time again.

Tomorrow will be a day of celebrating. We are heading down to a winery where a friend of mine works, to go wine and beer tasting. Yummy.

I already had a fabulous birthday day on Thursday. I thought I was just going to lunch and hiking with my friend and favorite 6 year-old. Instead, they had presents, and a homemade birthday cake with cream cheese frosting, and we spent the afternoon at the beach swimming and hunting for fossils.




And then she and I went out for Mexican and margaritas.



Can you guess which one is mine?

I'm still tired two days later. haha

Actually, my sister's dog flipped out for a few hours last night because we had thunderstorms and he is terrified of them. Then he thought it was funny to wake me up at 8 am. God help me when I have kids!

And to end my last night of being 31, I am going to continue reading, writing a few blurbs here and there, and watching lots of movies.

Cya at 32!

No comments:

Post a Comment