Monday, June 29, 2009

Nights in Rodanthe

I rented Nights in Rodanthe last night to watch during the rainstorm. I thought I had read the book, as I thought I had already read all of the Nicholas Sparks books. But apparently not, because I didn't recognize the story at all.

I don't know if I am just getting too cynical about Nicholas Sparks stories, especially as they are all so damned predictable, or what. I just didn't care for the movie at all.

Normally I like Nicholas Sparks movies and books. And I love Diane Lane and usually like Richard Gere, and the two of them usually work well together. But I felt that the love affair was forced. I didn't see how it happened and it just didn't feel real to me. And I didn't even cry at the end of it. If you know me, you know that I cry at just about everything.

Perhaps it's because I was so restless last night and just kept rambling on my blogs. Perhaps it really wasn't a great movie, like so many people liked to think.

Whatever the reason, I was kind of sorry that I spend the dollar, especially because I'm sure it will be on one of the movie channels to which I subscribe any time now.

Maybe I should try reading the book? If you have read it, please let me know how it is! I kind of want to redeem my negative feelings toward the movie......

No comments:

Post a Comment