Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Fulfilling my Duty

So, there have been a lot of developments in the writing world since my birthday. I'm honestly too tired right now to get into all of them. But I will mention one.

I joined a writing site called Women Who Write Online. I'll have to look up the address later. It was started by one of my writing friends, and is a great networking idea.

For the month of August, we have a challenge. We must write one article and/or blog post per day. So, here I am sitting down at 11:50 p.m. to churn out a blog post before midnight arrives. I wasn't going to, because I am still coming down off a migraine, but I would feel guilty. And the fact that I still managed to put up an article yesterday with the migraine full-blown kind of negates my laziness today.

Is this cheating? Perhaps. But that's okay.

Alright, one of my fun things since my birthday is I have joined up with a website called Bookpleasures. I know, it sounds dirty, but it is a legitimate book reviewing website. I want to say I have received at least a dozen books so far from them? And Norm works with a lot of the big publishers. I've been reading a variety of books, and I'm enjoying trying to maximize any exposure and money involved. No, I do not get paid to review these books. But the free books are nice! And just the experience of writing reviews.......anyway, you can read the reviews on Bookpleasures, or on my blogs at http://andisbookreviews.blogspot.com and http://andiskidsbooks.blogspot.com. Then some of them get reviewed on my other websites. If I remember, I will try to go back and link all of my reviews from my blogs.

AND I will always provide links through which you can purchase the said books directly from Amazon. Good times.

Ok, the Tylenol PM to knock out the last remnants of this migraine hangover is really kicking in. I'm going to pass out to Beverly Hills Chihuahua now. (GREAT cheesy movie!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment