Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Movies in May: We're Not Married

We're Not Married is a comedy from 1952 that stars some of your favorite classic actors, such as Marilyn Monroe, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Ginger Rogers, Eddie Bracken, Mitzi Gaynor and many more.

What would you do if you found out you and your spouse really weren't married? Five couples have a big decision to make after finding out that their marriages were not legally valid. They all were married by a Justice of the Peace who jumped the gun and performed the ceremonies a few days before his license was valid. Some of them are still madly in love with each other. Some have kids to worry about. (Back in those days, it was frowned upon to have unwed parents.) Others are grateful for the chance to escape an unhappy union. 


The movie is light-hearted and worth a chuckle here and there. I watched it over a period of several nights, as I kept dozing off while it was playing. This was not an indication of any poor quality in the movie - I was just really tired that week. I did enjoy it and would probably watch it again. It was one of the few Marilyn Monroe movies I had not yet seen. I don't remember ever watching Zsa Zsa in anything. The stories are cute, even if a little predictable. With the Netflix rating system, I would give it about 3.5 stars, though I marked off 4. 


Or, you can purchase your own copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment