Saturday, January 2, 2010

NY resolutions and #writerlbsoff

I came across something interesting on Twitter yesterday. Fellow writers kept using the hashtag #writerlbsoff. Apparently, there is a movement amongst writers to band together to dedicate time to writing and to getting healthy. They sound like two great plans, and typical of New Years Resolutions. (I'll admit to having done my own writing resolutions, yesterday, following in the footsteps of @professorbeej). But actually having a plan in place is going to require more than just blinding writing out ideas on the spur of the moment. Plans such as losing weight, as well as writing more, require a great deal of thought as to how they are going to be implemented.

When I did the resolutions for yesterday, I did not blindly put those up. I have been trying to think of ways to do more writing and how to stick with it, while improving it, for quite some time now. It was just a good time to do so.

As for leading an otherwise healthier lifestyle, for right now, it's simply trying to take a daily walk with my friend. We try to head out either after AM dismissal, or after bus dismissal if we need to. I try to not eat too much crap, which is always easier said than done - especially when not at home. But both of those should be amplified, and can probably be claimed by just about everyone I know.

I wish my fellow writers the best of luck with #writerlbsoff, and will probably check in with them time to time to see how they are doing. And I will be a quiet cheerleader, on the sidelines, perhaps following along quietly.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrea,

    Good luck in the New Year with your changes. I haven't been that big on resolutions at the New Year, seems I always have resolutions going all year.

    Thanks so much for the mention of #writerlbsOff! We are glad you will be following along. I will be writing a lot of articles to motivate the group, including several on how to implement changes to your habits. The first, very important one, will hit the cyberwaves on Monday.

    Thanks again,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete