Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Daddy Tribute: N is for Naughty

My father was quite naughty. When he was a young kid, he had that devilish look in his eye, even at the young age of 5, as shows in this picture of his kindergarten portrait.


I have students like that in my classroom. I know what that look means. Honestly, they can also be the most fun to have in your class. I like stinkers. This is probably why.

My aunts have numerous stories to tell about the harassment that they received from my father when they were little. Older brothers are notoriously naughty to their younger sisters. Somehow, I think he was even worse than their other older brother. He would taunt them and their dates. He picked on everyone he met. That was a sign of affection, though. The more he liked you, the more he would harass you.

People would meet my father and comment to me how naughty he was with his sense of humor. Dad would just tell it like it was, but always manged to through a humorous spin on things. He would be a stinker on my Facebook posts. One comment I remember hearing, that I am sure I have said before, was how much people would miss his posts.

My sister and I have inherited his naughty streak. I actually take it as a compliment when someone tells me I am being naughty.

No comments:

Post a Comment