Monday, April 30, 2012

My Daddy Tribute: T is for Tickling

Many families have a favorite pastime of tickling battles, especially when the kids are little. Dad was positively brutal when it came to the tickling! He would chase me around the house and always managed to get my feet. No matter how much I kicked and screamed, he would keep on tickling my feet!

To this day, I cannot stand to have someone tickle my feet. I don't even like my feet to be touched. I remember when I got hit by a car while crossing the street in college, I had to go to the hospital to be examined. The doctor ran his finger up the bottom of my feet to make sure I still had feeling. I almost kicked him in the nuts as an impulse.

I know that some people would say that it's my father's fault that I have an aversion to feet. Maybe it is. But I don't see it as anything really bad or truly traumatizing. To be honest, I think I just have sensory issues with my feet in general that have nothing to do with them being tickled. I eventually got used to people touching them when I underwent reflexology for migraines and other ailments. As for my father, that tickling torture is just another one of my fond memories from childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment